Dear MLK Families, Staff Members, and Friends,
Two quick reminders!
MLK Harvest Festival is TOMORROW! Tuesday, October 27, 5:30-7:30 pm
Bring the family to the MLK Harvest Festival for games, dancing (we’ll have a DJ!), arts and crafts, food, face painting bake sale goodies, and more. It’s also MLK Day during Spirit Week, and we’ll be have MLK t-shirts, sweatshirts, and other gear for sale.
We will be selling pumpkins too, so if you haven’t picked up your pumpkin for Halloween, just wait a few more days and get yours at the Harvest Festival. We’ll also have a family pumpkin carving station with pumpkin carving ideas and equipment available for family use (kids can use their creativity, but adults need to be the ones to use the knives!).
Thanks so much to the many volunteers that have offered to contribute items to the bake sale and help during the event. You are all fabulous!
If you’re contributing baked goods to the bake sale at the Harvest Festival tomorrow, here are some guidelines:
* Please share items that can be sold by the piece. We usually don’t sell whole items like an entire cake or pie
* If you can, please write up the ingredients so that anyone with food allergies or aversions can be aware
* No peanuts or tree nuts, which are the most common items that people need to avoid
You can drop off your items anytime during the day at the MLK office, in the afternoon in the cafeteria, or just bring them with you to the Harvest Festival. Thanks!!!
A final note from MLK staff member Francis Gomez: We are asking for new or gently worn clean winter attire for children. These donations will benefit children in local shelters. There will be a donation bin at the Harvest Festival. If you are unable to make it to the Harvest Festival to donate, there will be a collection drive on November 8, 2015 at 2pm at the Scalabrini Dukcevich Center, 300 Laurel Hill Ave. in Providence. Thank you!
Spirit Week is THIS WEEK! October 26-30
* Monday, 10/26: Sports! Represent your favorite team.
* Tuesday, 10/27: MLK Spirit! Wear your King t-shirts.
* Wednesday, 10/28: Wacky Wednesday!
* Thursday, 10/29: Pajama Day!
* Friday, 10/30: Favorite Book Character! Dress as your favorite character from a book.
All the best,
Jill Davidson (MLK PTO President) on behalf of the MLK PTO