1. We would like to remind you that there is NO SCHOOL TOMORROW, November 11th, due to Veterans Day.
2. Picture Day will be this Thursday, November 13th; flyers have been sent home in backpacks. If you did not receive one, please stop by the office to pick one up. All children will be photographed for class pictures regardless of whether they purchase a package.
3. The Pizzico Fundraiser is this Thursday evening!
You are invited to the Ristorante Pizzico Fundraiser for the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary School Parent-Teacher Organization
When: Thursday, November 13, 5:30-7:30pm
Where: Ristorante Pizzico, 762 Hope Street
Tickets: $20.00 at the door
Enjoy a complimentary drink and delicious Italian buffet, and the company of friends, families, and school staff members as you support your local public elementary school.
You can RSVP via Facebook:
All proceeds support Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary School’s Parent Teacher Organization, which raises funds for field trips, in-school enrichment, and other learning opportunities for all MLK students. Please ask friends join you at this fun evening to support our school.
We thank Ristorante Pizzico for ongoing generous support of the MLK PTO!
4. Our MLK Scholastic Book Fair is next week! The dates for this event are November 17-21. Please consider signing up for a shift or two at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b084daaae2bab9-mlkbook. Slots are in 1 hour increments; feel free to sign up for two or more slots in a row if you can help for more than 1 hour. The book fair is run entirely by parent volunteers, so your participation is needed in order to make the book fair a success! Also, this year there will be a new incentive for parent volunteers. Each parent who volunteers at least an hour of time will earn a book credit to be used either by the parent to purchase a gift for his/her child, or to be used by the child when visiting the book fair with his/her classroom. Please e-mail Kristina at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details, or follow the above link to sign up for a shift!
5. Please share with friends and family members who will have children entering kindergarten next year:
Providence Schools will hold enrollment seminars about the registration process for Kindergarten students entering school in August/September 2015 (born on or before September 1, 2010). We’ll discuss our registration timeline, and the choice and lottery processes. You’ll leave with the information and forms necessary for registration, as well as a list of important documents needed to complete the process. Attend ANY of the sessions below:
Anthony Carnevale Elementary School, 50 Springfield Street, Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary School, 35 Camp Street, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
Robert F. Kennedy Elementary School, 195 Nelson Street, Tuesday, December 16, 2014, 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
Asa Messer Elementary School, 1655 Westminster Street, Thursday, December 18, 2014, 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
Robert L. Bailey, IV Elementary School, 65 Gordon Street, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
George J. West Elementary School, 145 Beaufort Street, Saturday, January 24, 2015, 10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
More information online at: http://www.providenceschools.org/files/_6FJnh_/1cc03a992ae290e73745a49013852ec4/Enrollment_Seminars_2014.pdf
6. If you are interested in renting a table at the MLK Holiday Bazaar on December 13th or participating as a health care provider (or related business) at the Healthy Living Fair on January 10th, please reply to this e-mail for more information!
Thank you and have a great week!