Spring Book Fair! June 6-10
And we need help! Volunteers will ring up sales, help children choose books, and reshelve and tidy up as needed. This event is great fun for kids and a major fundraiser to support literacy and reading at King. If you cannot sign up for a whole morning or afternoon, that’s fine – we will be happy for whatever help you can give!
Sign up here to help: http://
2016 Spring Fundraising Appeal-Support Our Kids!
The Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School PTO is dedicated to supporting the academic success and well being of all our students. You and your child are vital parts of the MLK family. We need your help to strengthen our school, create exciting learning opportunities, and give students access to valuable learning resources.
The PTO raises money to support field trips, Harvest Fest, the International Potluck and more. No child is ever turned away from an activity because they cannot afford to participate.
We are turning to you to help make this possible! How can you make a difference?
- $5 covers field trip admission for one student
- $20 per student would help us raise $10,000
- $50 buys hula-hoops and kick balls for recess fun
- $100 pays for Time for Kids subscription for an entire class of 25 students
- $250 enables us to host one community wide event, like the International Potluck
- $500 covers field trip expenses for an entire grade: 100 students!
Our goal is to have 100% family participation by May 31st. Every dollar counts! Donate here
Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.”
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.